Microphone not working

Hello,
my microphone no longer works or works very weakly according to the SOUND settings of Windows 10,
I tested the DISCORD application & it does not detect any microphone…

I’m sure it’s since I installed your software that my mic no longer works because I streamed on Twitch 1-2 weeks ago & I haven’t had any mic issues, by the way I’ve never had a problem with my headset.

Can you help me please?

PS: I don’t speak English, I use Google Trad, thank you for your understanding

1 Like

Hi Yolix,
Here’s a list of other things I generally recommend checking first:

• Make sure you have the latest version installed (v1.1.16.0) from fxsound.com;
  • Try running FxSound as Administrator;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, make sure the FxSound device is set as the Default Device;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, make sure all your devices match at the setting “24 bit 48000 Hz” (max);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable Exclusive Mode for all devices (Playback ànd Recording);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable all Enhancements including Loudness Equalization for all devices (except for FxSound which doesn’t have this tab);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable Hardware Acceleration;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable all devices you don’t use, including the hidden ones.

Please run through these steps first, and post back to let me know if your situation improves or not; if not, we will explore further steps.

Check the list of microphones in the Windows device selection, their activity. Check the settings there as well.
Usually fxsound’s “microphone” device has no effect on this. Strange case. I have multiple devices including another software mic - Discord hasn’t posted any issues. So start by checking the system settings, not the program.

1 Like