Hello @james,
Hello @bvijay,
How can we get FxSound in German?
Asking for user @JoeKo.
Greets,
doolhoofd

We’ll add it to the todo list!

1 Like

The recent beta release shared at https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads3.fxsound.com/fxsound/2/Beta+Testing/fxsound_setup.exe has German support. So, German should be soon be available in the next public release.

2 Likes

@bvijay : I am from Germany, too. I was looking in the translations repo at GutHub you mentioned but saw there is a finished one for German already so i did not provide one. The one there looked fine but seems to be not implemented in 1.15.1. I will check again when i can test it in the application itself.

If you need assistance with it, just tell me. I can provide a professional German translation (since native speaker) in proper IT terms (work).

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @PLEASE_DELETE, and many thanks for your many contributions!
:+1: :+1:

Thanks @PLEASE_DELETE for reviewing the German translation in GitHub and your support.
The current updated beta version is 1.1.15.5 and it includes the German translation. Can you please uninstall 1.1.15.1 and install the latest version to get FxSound beta with German language support. Please check if the translation and formatting look good in the application.

2 Likes

@bvijay i can run a test with the beta to see how far the string fit into place. From my experience, the only way to really test a translation is, when the strings are in place in the application. It also makes i much easier. The lists are fine and all but you do have to switch between them and the application all the time to see in what context a phrase is used to decide which words fit best. I’ll give you a feedback when i did the test; a bit limited on time currently but my schedule should open up a bit with start of the next week …

2 Likes

@doolhoofd Thanks and greetings from Germany! :wink: Ran into the 1-day-post-limit yesterday, however. ^^ Will continue to look around here a bit and see where i can assist maybe …

Shared knowledge is the key to success!

3 Likes

Thanks @PLEASE_DELETE for looking at the translation. Since only one instance of the application runs at a time, I understand that it is difficult verify the translation. One suggestion I have is to run FxSound on two different PCs in English and German, so the strings can compared on the live application.

1 Like

I was more talking about translating just inside the translation file or inside the application itself, but you are right; that also can be annoying. However, it would solve that with a VM or something, if needed. We also have several independent systems at home i can use. However, translations are always one of those neverending processes anyway … :wink:

2 Likes

New version now has German language support, among others.
See Changelog - FxSound.