FxSound for Android

Unfortunately Android prevents us from using FxSound processing on all audio on the device. The only work-around would be to create an FxSound music player. You could upload your own music files and we can offer the options to import tracks from streaming services like YouTube, Spotify, and Amazon Music (need to verify if we can import Apple Music songs).

The other non-ideal option would to be to create an EQ that doesn’t use FxSound processing, but it would have the FxSound brand.

4 Likes

I regret to inform you that the perfect Android music player already exists.
It is called Neutron (this links to the Google Play app store) and there is simply no way anyone could ever make a better app.
“You can try, but you will not be successful.” - Ross
EDIT: Here’s a quick link to an overview of Neutron’s features.

2 Likes

I am using “Poweramp” (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&hl=en) on Android which i find the best player for my use case by now. Interestingly, it is somewhat visually close to @doolhoofd player! ^^

However, the problem here simply is, that i would not like to decide wether to have FxSound features for Android or the ones on my current player. Therefore, FxSounds system-wide nature today (compared to the Winamp-focused DFX back then) is the best solution.

However, a tradeoff could be, trying to do a cooperation with one the popular player developers … both could benefit here, but i guess it would stay or fail with the details …

2 Likes

As a paying purchaser of the old Android app, I can give a little feedback.
First off, Surround just didn’t work with Bluetooth.
And the foldering / file organisation system was a terrible pain to get right.
The application of the effects, however, was good.

Well, i think you can refer to VIPER4Android Magisk Module & JamesDSP.I mean Magisk Module may be a probable solution. :thinking:

1 Like

Do you have any suggestion for iphone user? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@tr.hieung: Here you go.
Believe me, it’s worth the money.

1 Like

Thank you, I will try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

A similar request, posted today:

The thread is not related to fxsound on android or ios
He wants a portable version of the program to use on computers without installation

1 Like

My mistake!
I looked it up.
I actually have a few of those, I just didn’t know they were called that.

1 Like

No problem
Software that operates without requiring installation on the computer is referred to as portable programs.

1 Like

Hi, For Android there are quite few good EQs. I’m going to mention only free ones here.

• Flat Equalizer: A lightweight app with Simple UI. Features 10-band EQ. (Contains ads)
  • Wavelet: Headphone specific EQ; with over 3400 precalculated optimizations for different models.

Audio Players

• AIMP: This powerful audio player is free and open-source. It has beautiful UI and built-in 20-band graphic equalizer.
  • VLC Player: VLC is a free and open source all in one multimedia player. It has a full audio player, with an 10-band equalizer and filters.

For Power Users

• JamesDSP: Completely free and open-source app with high quality DSP engine. Need to install via Magisk Manager or custom recovery.

Note:
In a previous comment, someone mentioned ViPER4Android FX. It’s not actively maintained. Main developer moved to Wavelet app and other developers are working on JamesDSP.

2 Likes

PLEEEEEEEEEASE MAKE AN FXSOUND MUSIC PLAYER ON ANDROIDDDDDDD WHY HASN’T IT BEEN DONE YETTTT i’m sorry but this app is simply too good and, frankly, borderline life-changing (i know i know, i just love music a lot, its a huge part of my life, i dont care if this is corny i really dont, im telling my truth here) too good for me to not scream about how much i wish i could carry this around with me in my pocket. And how RIDICULOUS it is that they havent made a music player for this on Android. WHAT GIVES???

2 Likes

@james
@nick

Hi Nick,
Nice to hear you’re a fan. :headphones:
In case you’d like to keep track, I added this feature request to FxSound’s GitHub a few days ago:

I’m grateful for your enthusiasm! unfortunately we can’t process sound on Android the way that we can on Windows.

1 Like