Full 5.1 surround sound speaker system enhancement

iv been useing optical with custom dolby digital plus home theater plus apo drivers and its been nice hdmi was a huge headache and these are less of a pain to deal with for windows 10 the only problem i had before fxsound is some games couldnt see the dolby digital signle and would use sterio then i downloaded fxsound and all games can now see my 5.1 system and use it as such the quality is also twice as better than the built in eq these drivers come with plus this dosent use any surround sound processing unless u want it my question is how can i get the best sound with useing the eq sense im useing optical i have to use compressed 5.1 singles luckily i can use any and all of theme due to another program called media player classic BE while iv gotten fxsound to sound as good as hdmi im wondering if i can make it sound better than hdmi useing fxsound thank you guys so much for any helpsful tips and advice im new to this and still learning a bit but im a huge surround sound hobbyist and have alot of music i listen to in full 5.1 surround sound so id like to hear my library and games in the best quality i can get with a dolby optical connection

1 Like

and to clerify these drivers make dolby digital/plus/ a IEEE float 5.1
anythang atmos/truehd is pcm 7.1
anythang dts is pcm 5.1
anythang dtsx is pcm 7.1
all 32bit hz depends on the actual file iv found but my optical connection can support up to 192.0khz

1 Like

aswell with the actual usb to optical adapter im useing i turned off dolby digital left dts audio on cause while i dont have a dts system the test sound dose play full 5.1 in advanced under defult format i have it set to dolby digital this dose transmit full 5.1 surround sound due to translateing dolby / dts to open sorce formats i believe i think this due to checking media player classics output settings and seeing these formats on input then seeing pcm or ieee float on the output

1 Like