soudfx closes and cannot be configured when running voice meeter banana

I was following the indications of the user IrONHEad in the following thread: Setting up with VoiceMeeter - #2 by doolhoofd

when i ran meeter banana, soud fx cracked and i could not configure it to follow your instructions, i have tried since having soud fx as default but it is still cracked without being able to listen to anything from my computer.

1 Like

Alright…

Which versions of FxSound and Windows?
What would you be using VoiceMeeter Banana for?
What do you mean when you say, FxSound “cracked?” What kind of error did you get?
And if you had to choose between FxSound or VoiceMeeter Banana, which of the two would you prefer to uninstall?

You should have one or multiple instances of VoiceMeeter devices inside Windows Sound Settings. Try simply disabling those first, and post back to let me know if your sound returns after having set the FxSound Speakers device as the Default Device and your listening device as the Default Communication Device.

There’s also a troubleshooting list with the most common tips and suggestions bannered to the top of the forum, which hardly anyone ever seems to notice.

versions:
windows 11
fxSound 1.1.22.0

I was trying to install Voicemeeter Banana because I have a piano and I wanted the sound of the piano to come through my microphone while I was speaking. To do this, I needed to combine the audio from both the piano and my microphone into a single output, which is exactly what Voicemeeter Banana does.

The error is as follows, just after installing voicemeeter banana, the following box appears and I can no longer access the interface

1 Like

Have you checked Windows Sound Settings to see if the FxSound Speakers device is disabled or hidden?
This is most often the cause of the “Oops!” error, so it would be logical to verify that first, and proceed from there.
And as I mentioned, try disabling the VoiceMeeter device instances found in Sound Settings as well.

I have uninstalled and installed soundfx with drivers, the oops error no longer appears, but when I open the program it closes automatically, I have also seen that a .dmp file is very useful, so I attach it in case it is useful.
(I uploaded it in a link because it won’t allow me to upload it in the comments)
https://files.catbox.moe/x4xwgw.dmp

1 Like

I think it’s a conflict because when you uninstall the banana software, fxsound instantly starts working.

1 Like

I’ve installed Banana multiple times, and got it to function together with FxSound perfectly.
I even “remastered” a few old tracks by applying FxSound processing during a re-recording with Banana.
My guess would be that your Banana is probably set up incorrectly.
The main problem is, that setting Banana up correctly, is incredibly hard.
Honestly, I don’t even remember, or even know how, I managed to do it myself.

My computer knowledge is insufficient to read crash dump files, but if you think it could help, I can ask @bvijay to take a look at it for you.

please

1 Like

PM sent. :email:

Hi @wiwis
I debugged the crash dump. Crash happens in the code when the audio devices are enumerated.
Can you provide the list of audio devices connected to your PC when FxSound crashed?

1 Like

I watched their video on installation and setup, there is a YouTube insert on their website. No link required, there is a picture on the site.

Picture

This is an alternative sound device that needs to be used as the default in the system. FxSound has an identical requirement. So you can’t use them at the same time.

2 Likes

They can definitely be combined though.
Banana needs to be the Default Device, and FxSound needs to be added as a virtual input inside it.