Balance Control?

There are many articles on the lack of a simple balance control in windows. You can adjust the balance via sounds > speaker properties > playback > levels, but these values don’t stay, you have to readjust every time you decide to listen to music. There are a couple ‘offers’ of free balance apps, but they come up as suspicious and risky to download.

Does anyone know of a simple left-right balance app from a safe source?

1 Like

https://sourceforge.net/p/equalizerapo/wiki/Documentation/
+

Thanks for the reply. In both cases, it entails downloading bulky software when I want only one simple feature, left and right balance. I am still looking for a simple balance controller, no luck so far.

1 Like

Sorry we’ll be trying to fix this as soon as we can.

1 Like

Yeah, but I don’t think there’s any way to get that without downloading an application with system-wide effect, like the APO I recommended. The plugin is really easy to use once you’ve installed everything. The whole thing is also very easy to install and uninstall.

@Brock: If you need more support, don’t hesitate to open a new thread.
We’re here to help.

1 Like

@Brock:
User @DesperateRightNow posted a thread asking the same question as you, and I ended up compiling a larger post on the topic…

(This is a similar concept . . .) I use a 5.1 speakers’ system for movies, music, and communications, and I was wondering if you could include a speaker configuration option with adjustable re-directions tailored to the different types of speakers, every-which-way. The tuning-effect types currently in FxSound seem like they would be this, but they sound like they’re in the feed instead of the speakers, so don’t do much on my system. They should clarify the definition of the sound.

1 Like

The Balance issue is one that we’ve overlooked, apparently.
I’ve notified @james and @bvijay once more, and added the issue to GitHub,

[EDIT] I tested with the devices I wasn’t using, in this case, non-Bluetooth ones, and they all support a Balance option in their Levels tab.
So, maybe this got solved somewhere along the line.
FYI, I’m using the latest version, v1.1.20.0.

@Ayjjala: To offer a reply for your case in particular, delving into Surround Sound is not a priority at the moment, due to its technical complexity, and our current limitations.
Hopefully this could be examined one fine day in the future.

Is there discussion about including a balance control within the FxSound app? I’d vote to have that.

1 Like

No, this is not being discussed, and it is not a planned update.