AMD noise suppression

So im trying to figure out the amd noise suppression as I was interested to see how it does but not really sure if im just setting stuff up wrong or it just doesnt work with fxsound? I tried adding fxsound as the output in amd then it forces fxsound to use the AMD streaming audio device as the output but then im not sure how to get the sound the rest of the way to my headset or soundbar, im guessing that would just mean it wont work?

1 Like

I’ve never used this so I don’t know anything about it, but I’m pretty sure that if you want FxSound to process audio, it needs to be the output device (in other words, you can’t set both devices as the output device at the same time).
You might still get this to work with VoiceMeeter, if you can get it set up properly.

I managed to get it to “work” but I guess the programs just dont together correctly as the sound is all muffled and cuts out a lot. I did it last night so cant fully remember if I did it like this but I think I set the output in amd as my headset then put the output in fxsound as the amd device and I was able to get some sound out

1 Like

It’s true that FxSound can be pretty hit-or-miss in situations where a second audio processing tool gets involved.
If you haven’t seen it yet, I’ve compiled a list of basic troubleshooting suggestions, which can hopefully be helpful in ensuring proper setup of the software.

1 Like