Support for more than 10 presets

Hello!

As someone who really enjoys switching between presets; and often creates a couple presets for each pair depending on what I’m going to be using them for; I find it frustrating being limited by just 10 presets.

I don’t really require them all to be accessible via drop down; since I usually access presets via keybinds, but maybe folders would be a good middle ground here?

I just feel the limit on presets feels rather arbitrary.

1 Like

Hello Dewm!
Welcome to the forum.
I agree, it’s true, the preset limit is annoying.
At the moment, however, there’s simply not much that can be done about it.
Thank you for sharing your feedback (and for correctly labeling your thread); let’s hope the team does something with it.
Anyone else who agrees the limit is annoying?
This is your chance, please, speak up!
Best of luck,
doolhoofd

Being a person who normally uses just one preset for all, i can still see where this leads for those audiophiles and people who maybe are more specific with their settings.

However, this would make much more sense if it would be possible to have some kind ot automatism to switch profiles. For example, to switch it automatically depending on the player or audio source used or, when technically possible, the type of music played. But that seems to be quite some effort and it do not know if something like this is possible at all anytime soon.

I think we had a discussion about this anywhere elese on the board also …

1 Like

For the user defined presets we have a limit of 10 presets. We can increase this limit.
Since the preset selection is through a dropdown, we cannot accommodate unlimited number of presets in the list. Depending on the number by which we are increasing the user defined preset limit, we should change the UI design as well for user defined preset selection.

1 Like

Why not using cascaded sub-menus there? Let the users define folders (menus) and presets. On the first look, seems like not that hight effort to implement. And i feel a limit, if really still needed of, say, around 25 would be fine for many. But at least minimalistic way of management like with folders makes totally sense for both. So, users can do a folder for a specific music genre for example and put all variants of profiles there. Or maybe media or even gaming and such; who knows?

Makes me think of no one ever asked the question what exactly the users are using FxSound for in detail, right? @doolhoofd , wouldn’t you like to do a quick survey in a thread or something where we can gather some use cases together with our fellow forum users here? I guess that would be helpful for development as support alike and surely could bring up some new aspects no one ever thought of before!

1 Like

I’m on it.

Meesa seesee what yousa diddy there :frog:

We can limit the dropdown list height and provide a search box on top.
Still we need some upper limit on the number of presets in the list.

1 Like

60 settings is not the limit.

Sometimes I think that there is not enough quick search. Not necessarily a search field, it is enough to highlight the setting when entering text from the keyboard, as is now done when navigating with arrows. In a simple version, by the first letter, in a more complex version, by the degree of typing (reset at the first non-match of the typed ordinal search letter in the name of the found preset). At least two programs have an implementation: AIMP, Total Commander.

Now I have no problems with the search: scrolling with the wheel is fast, the settings are in the same positions (I do not change the number of settings). So these are just thoughts.

1 Like

A similar request posted yesterday by @beeb,

Hi all;
Here’s a very simple workaround which allows you to save and store a potentially unlimited amount of presets.