Does not work in latest Win10 LTSC [OOPS ERROR]

Works fine on my downstairs computer which has a slightly older LTSC. The upstairs laptop which has the very latest version, not so much. The older dfx one does work upstairs, but nags for a password.

Of course, the laptop upstairs is a little older, AMD A6 with 8g ram and 500gb 870 ssd, so it could be the hardware too.

Any suggestions…??
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Rick,
The older programs are still available as free downloads on fxsound.com.
Just scroll to the bottom, look under “Products.”
These will probably be slightly different versions than the ones you have, and they will not ask you for a product key, since they are now free for all.
As for possibly using the new program on your upstairs laptop, can you first please explain what kind of errors you are getting?
I doubt it’s the hardware’s fault (my laptop dates back to 2011 and the new program works just fine on it).
@PLEASE_DELETE: Any suggestions?
Thanks.

1 Like

Getting the “oops there’s an issue” error.

I’ll look for a version that doesn’t need a serial, should be good enough, I’m not picky… ::
Thanks

1 Like

Okay, informative; there’s a thread for that error:

Vijay has suggested some troubleshooting there:

1 Like

Please briefly report your findings here after attempting to solve the problem, thanks.
Happy to help.
doolhoofd

1 Like

Alas, FXsound does not appear in the device manager at all.

1 Like

I will say the new one does sound fantastic blasting my moldy oldies down in the basement… ::

1 Like

Sometimes, devices in the Windows Device Mangager are hidden. You can use “View => Show hidden devices” from the top menu to make them visible.

This especially occurs when the device in question is not connected to the system but the driver is still installed.

1 Like

Cool, I’ll check that out. Thanks.

1 Like

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, Rick! :musical_note:

1 Like

Another user with the same problem got it to work simply by uninstalling and re-installing a couple of times, so I highly recommend trying that.

1 Like

Yea, did that at least an dozen times.

Got an older version to work, just gonna leave it at that for the time being. Thanks everyone for their help.

Rock on…!!

1 Like