Discontinuing Active Development of FxSound

I can’t get rid of the upgrade nag. What should I do?

1 Like

Uuuuuuuupgrade! :right_anger_bubble:

Maybe you are aware that the upgrade links are dead links! (or not) Not possible to upgrade!

1 Like

Oh… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Sorry 'bout that.
I assure you I am in no way responsible for this negligence, for I am but a humble forum mod.
Anyway, you can download the newest and forever free purple version from the FxSound homepage at fxsound.com .

Hi, this is very unusual for me but I immediately made a donation after a few minutes of using FxSound and created an account just to thank you for creating this software. I have tried many software options over the years and never found this one (not sure when it was created), they are all absolutely terrible. This is the only useable one so thank you for creating it. It’s sad to see this post about the discontinuation though.
Thank you again

1 Like

I’m sure @james will be happy to hear this. :slight_smile: Thanks, @goamn.

1 Like

So, I just made an account to say: Thank you for everything so far. I downloaded the program today for the first time and, wow. Saying “It works” is a huge understatement.
That’s why it’s just much sadder to see that the Project isn’t developed anymore. I’m sure this has already been proposed, but why not give the Open Source Community a shot? Instead of letting it die out without updates, people from all around the world could contribute. Even if development might be slow, if there is a serious bug, people will probably try and fix it themselves. I might even contribute myself (depending on the stack). Also, on e.g. GitHub, FOSS Sponsorings are a thing as well. Would be really sad to see the project die like that. Please consider giving Open Source a chance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(couldn’t edit my message anymore, so now as reply)

Additionally, we (the Open Source Community) could potentially port it to Linux (which would be awesome since currently, there is absolutely nothing even remotely comparable to FXSound on Linux. Could be a challenge (again, depending on the stack) but it’s worth a shot

1 Like

Having been a customer when it was DFX, I’ve long enjoyed and was more than willing to support DFX at a cheap price. I think going free was shooting yourself in the foot as there wasn’t enough mindshare with PC users as a whole, just moreso us audiophiles. Very sorry that FxSound is no longer in active development, but I completely understand why. I wish it was for the fact I need support, but I know it’s not in your ability to provide it anymore. So I wish you well James and hope maybe you’ll be able to revive the program with a paid model or start another paid program in the future. Take care man

1 Like